Moving can be a stressful process full of unknowns and anxiety. One of the biggest reasons for this is that few people know what the door to door moving process fully entails. Here is a basic guideline as to what you can expect Royal Hawaiian Mover’s to do with your belongings after they are packed out, shipped, and ready to be delivered to your new home.
STEP 1: From Door Hawaii to Port
1. Royal Hawaiian Movers will safely and securely pack your belongings and transport them to our local warehouse.
2. Once at our warehouse, we will ensure that all of your lift vans are properly marked and stored together. Lift vans are essentially big wooden boxes or crates that measure approximately 7ft x 4ft x 7ft). (If you have enough items to fill a full 20ft or 40ft container, the moving process will be the same from here on out)
3. Royal Hawaiian Movers will contact the shipping line to schedule an available sailing on a vessel bound for the mainland USA. It is important to remember that just because a vessel sails on a specific day, does not mean that there is room on that vessel for your shipment.
4. Once a vessel is booked, Royal Hawaiian Movers will arrange for their trucker to pick up your belongings from our facility and transport them to the port. Your shipment will then be properly cataloged and loaded onto the scheduled vessel.
STEP 2: Arriving at the Destination Port
1. Once your ocean vessel arrives into port, it will be systematically unloaded to ensure that all of the cargo goes to the proper port agent. A port agent, by definition, is a person or company who prepares shipping documents, arranges shipping space and insurance, and deals with the customs clearance process where applicable.
2. IMPORTANT: Please keep in mind that a vessel ETA of Monday, does not translate to a delivery date on Tuesday. Your shipment must first be “made available,” or ready, at which time our sister company, Dewitt Companies Ltd., LLC, will arrange for it to be transported to a local agent’s facility. (We typically estimate that your shipment will be available for delivery to your residence about 7-10 business days after the arrival of the vessel to its’ port of entry).
STEP 3: From Port to Door
1. Once your shipment arrives at our local agent”s facility, you will be contaced directly to schedule the earliest possible delivery date.
2. Our agents will make sure to follow up with you no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled delivery date to confirm the time and location with you personally. Our agents will also make sure to contact you post-move to ensure that you were well taken care of during the process.
Hopefully the above information will help to fill in some of the blanks about the moving service process. When moving from one place to another, let alone one continent to another, it is important that you understand the process from start to finish. This will help relieve some of that stress and anxiety, and give you a better sense of how Royal Hawaiian Mover’s truly does provide each of our customers with the Royal Moving Treatment.